Jul 8, 2013

Prologue

"Wake up everyone,
How can you sleep at a time like this unless the dreamer is the real you?"

The familiar alarm song reminded him that it's morning. The first thing he did after opening his eyes was grabbing the pen next to his pillow. Gather all the pieces, he tried to recall the dream he had last night. They were all blurry, arranged in a chaotic order, as if making no sense at all. He wrote down anything that he could remember, everything he saw, every objects he touch, and the people he met. He wrote untill there was nothing left inside his mind.

"So how was it?"

A sudden question he did not expected to be asked.

"You're up already? this is not like you" - He acted as if didn't hear the question
"Hm, as long as you're awake, so am I. Still cannot comprehend it yet?"
The sharp tone gave out another question with a sigh. No answer needed. Responding with another sigh, he put himself back to the bed and stared at the ceiling.

"Looks like it's getting nowhere, even how hard I've tried, there seems to be no progress at all."

"Well it's not something you can do in a day or two you know."

Was that a comfort? It's really rare for him to receive such comfort, especially from that type of person.

"What's wrong with you today really? First you're up early and now you're trying to comfort me, did I hit my head somewhere when I was sleeping last night?"

"Comforting you said? Well I don't really care how you put it, I just simply stated the truth that recreating dream is really far beyond your capability right now."

He knew it, he knew it too well. How could a mere human with extremely weak will power like him could ever reach to that technique, even just for a moment? But he still carrying on every nights, every days, every times he could.

"You still remember her, do you?" He asked while still looking at the ceiling.

"How can I forget? I mean how can US forget? your feeling for her linger so strong that even I start to feel the same."

"Hmph? I thought you are suppose to feel the same from the start aren't you?"

"Well, most of the case, however in some specific situation, my ability to synchronize with your sense is temporary shut down. Just like in your dreams, that is the time when you can say that I'm frozen, and my link with you is temporary disconnected. That's why I cannot share the emotion you have in your dream."

"Is that so? well then I really feel sorry for you." A smirk appeared on his face.

"You don't have to, even when I cannot experience what you had in your dreams, I still can recall them from your memory and use them as if they're mine. So it's pretty much enough for me."

The voice kept on explaining things calmly, but he didn't pay much attention to it. There was one thing that had been occupying his mind for a long time.

An image of a young girl.

Her hairs were especially golden.

Her eyes were as green as the field of grass she was standing at.

And she was standing silently, holding her hands to her chest as if praying.

What was she praying for? or was she even praying? and why couldn't he forget about that image?

"Yeah I've been wondering about that too. However strong a dream can be, it cannot linger in the mind for more than a month. But it's nearly 2 months now and you can still recall it exactly. Damn that dream really left a scar in your brain."

The voice couldn't answer the questions that were asked inside his mind. This matter was beyond the knowledge of both of them.
Released the last sigh in the morning, he raised himself up and get on his feed when trying to put a peaceful look on his face..

"Well we will not answer any of the question if we keep laying on the bed like this, so let get the day started shall we"
"..."

Sometimes, even his closest one couldn't understand him. The moment before, he was just lost in though and memory and in just a blink, all of that deeply emotional expression disappeared as if they were never there to begin with.

"Really, that's just like you."

He could feel a faint sight came after that. The sound of giving up to the situation. Too much sighs for an autumn morning.

"Oh come on, don't be like this, you are just here for nearly 2 and a half month, so it is natural for you to find my way of behaving is incomprehensible. And yeah, sometimes I can't even understand myself neither."

"It's my responsibility as a soul to understand you, so it would be a failure if I cannot. Time is not the matter. The moment you started to talk to me, the bond between us should have grown strong enough for me to see through you. However, due to your twisted personality, sometimes  I feels like I am the one that should be understood, not you."

"Hey is it my fault now? Don't sulk like that, soul up you."

"I am not... arg. Really if you and I switch place one day then you will understand my pain."

"About that, I'll pass. I really don't want to become a free-loader formless spirit which has only one place to stay and can only do one things - talk meaninglessly."

"What did you call me just now?"

With the loud yell only he could hear, his day started.

But the story of Kai and his soul started since the day he saw that girl.

The girl with the hairs like a stream of gold,

Her eyes were as green as jade.

And her face, somehow he couldn't remember her face, except for one thing.

Her face showed none expression, only regret.


-Prologue end-

Chapter 1

No comments:

Post a Comment