Jul 31, 2013

Chapter 3: confrontation

"Wha.." He couldn't say a proper word.
As if the fact that that girl was standing there was not enough, the thing she said completely stunned them.

"You do have a soul."

Those words stroke him like the hammer of Thor, not because of her talking to him, but the matter she mentioned-his soul. How could she notice? Did he carelessly talk out loud? That couldn't happen because they were always communicating silently. Then how? how in the hell? Both of them were in total confusion, and they looked just like a naughty boy whose secrets had been exposed. And then, to add more tension to the situation - actually just for Kai and his soul - the girl approaching their place.

      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Wha.." I murmur while astonished. 

The moment I heard that sentence is the moment I cast the matter that the girl's real aside, now I have another problem to deal with. She knew. I remember being told by him about this before. I shouldn't, no, mustn't let ANYONE know about his existence.

...
"Oh and one more thing." The soul says when I prepare to head out for daily jogging.

"What is it?" I ask. 

"Try not to speak out loud when you're being in open." He continues with a deep tone that make me curious.

"Huh? being in open? what do you mean?" 

"Uhmm, just do not let other people see you talking to me okay? That'll do us no good." My soul kindly rephrases it in a way that my simple brain can understand. 

"Ohh, I get it, you do not want people to think that I'm somekind of weirdo who is constantly talking to himself huh? Or they may think I'm crazy and send my to the asylum? Don't worry, I'm aware of it too. I mean isn't it obvious?" I chuckle.

Somehow he seems to be very serious about this matter. "It's not normal people I worry about." 

I tilt my head in confusion.

"You see, normal people may never understand what you are having in your mind right now. What make me cautious are people like you, who also have souls."

"What? There are others? you mean other souls too?" Now that's new.

"Why not? you think you're the only one? Don't be so naive, you're not that special. Although it's all hypothesis but I think that there will be some other person who acquire their souls. And you know what basically the souls are, right?" 

"uhmm, the consultant?" Apparently he's disappointed with my answer, I can feel it with the silent follow up. 

"[sigh] Yeah I didn't tell you did I? To put it bluntly, the soul of one person is nothing but his origin. You know, the most basic desire."

"Is that so? so that makes you..." I try to follow his lecture. He's the kind of teaching 1 and hoping you to understand 10. 

"A searcher. You've always asked yourself your reason to be existed in this world right? That takes root inside you and become your origin. Your deepest desire is to find the answers for your questions. And I'm here consult you in your seeking quest. All my consultant will direct you to your original desire. Understand one bit?"

"Pretty much. So about other..." Now that my brain starts to fantasizing, I think of a serial murder. 

"Yes, different person have different origin. If your origin is a predator, you only think about hunting and killing, then your soul will guide you in that direction. Simple enough for you?"

"But how is that..." I try to figure out the relation, but immediately he reads through my thought.

"Predators possess the attribute to spot their preys easily. The stronger the predators' origin are, the stronger their sense are. Which mean they will target the one who have soul first, which mean us. Got it?"

Why did he have to bring this up? A chill run down my spine. Is he trying to imply that I'm going to be killed? or worse?

"oh don't worry, they're all hypothetical speaking. After all, I myself am not even sure about that though." He shrugged. What the hell? how can he just change the mood so sudden like that? I mean we're talking about serious matter here and poof, they may not even happen. 

"Jesus Christ, are you trying to scare me or what?" 
...

But now I know all of his spoke is right, there's actually someone who can see us, and she's approaching us. However, I sense no hostility from her. Whatever the case, I should not let my guard down. I try to act as naturally as possible.

"Excuse me, I don't understand what you were talking about." I even try to face a smile. A forced one.

Her green eyes are fixing at mine, and I feel like being petrified. Those eyes, beautiful yet looked distance. As she's standing in front of me, I take a quick look at her. She's short, and slim, that make she looks very fragile. Her pretty face  has perfect proportion, and it's even more radiant with her wonderful golden hairs. I think that the hairs really make her stand out. They're long enough to touch her shoulder, and she just let them hang loose, and when the winds blow, they float just like stream of sun lights. But there's something really....out of place from this girl I can tell. But what is it? is it her beauty?

Both of us stand still, looking at each other as if a staring contest. Actually, it's more like an interrogation with me as a suspect. And again, she's the one to break the silence.

"Do not worry, I mean you no harm. I am not the one you need to hide it from." Is it a lie to make me spit out the truth? But the look of her face tell me that she's not lying. She seems to show no interest at all, and yet the fact that she already saw through us and hasn't done anything made me relieve a bit. Or so I thought.

One second lost in thought, and I was taken by surprise.

Her forehead.......is touching mine.

I have no idea what's happening right now. That beautiful girl came to where I was standing, asked something outrageous and now she let her forehead touch mine? I don't even know how to react. But there is something I can feel, very strongly. My heart beats are increasing. Definitely. An obvious reaction of a boy when a girl of such beauty approach him.

It took me nearly a minute to regain my composure. I push my self away from her and check if my soul...

"It's okay, I'm still here." What a relieve, but what the hell was that?

"Oh, so it's true. I knew that I saw something." the girl confirmation goes with no sign of up and down. I mean she talks like a robot.

I know there's no point in hiding any more, maybe that's action was to examine me and my soul? how careless I was, letting her to do that. 

"Or you really want her to do that?" Seriously? Do you think this is appropriate time to say such thing?

"May be you must have sense it too, that girl really has no ill intention." He says the thing that I hesitate to accept. I cannot bring myself to sense any danger from her. But I was afraid it was all a trick. So trying to keep calm, I raise my voice.

"What do you mean by see? Did you see us talking?"

"Uhm no, I just see it, that's all. See through my very eyes. That's how you people see things right?" And her nonchalant voice keep going.

What in the world? She can see us just like normal thing. But that's impossible, my soul only exist in my mind, and no one should be able to see him. Unless...

"Well, at first there was nothing, but then, I saw a spot of light, I thought I mistook it. But the light was getting brighter, and I knew that it was you."

So she's implying my soul is like a spot of light? how out of world this can be. But more importantly, how can she "see" that?

"Huh? you must be wondering how can I see your soul? Well I think that doesn't matter any more does it? and don't worry, I cannot read your thought, it's your face tell me what's in your head." She keep on with that tone, no expression, no emotion. I feel like being treated as a test subject of sort.

"Just...who are you anyway? and what is your intention?" I ask, even though I know this may not going well.

"Me? oh you must have asked for my name...... How about this, if we see each other again, you'll tell me yours and I'll tell you mine." I feel something, really, something in her voice. Could it be a small bit of joy? or hope? I cannot describe it, but the way she said that is totally different from before.

And before I can say anything, a gust of wind blows. I cover my eyes from the dust and when it's over, she's already disappeared.

Just like that. Just like how she appeared. So sudden.



-end chapter 3-

Chapter 2
  Chapter 4

No comments:

Post a Comment